New features added in 15.4.
*Inventory Report Wizard. A
quick way to make custom Inventory Reports.
*Modified the following
Inventory Reports to allow you to put in a Group, Vendor, Category or
Description range. (Inventory List, Inventory Count, Inventory Reorder,
Inventory Barcode Labels, Global Price Change and Price Sheet List)
*Modified the Service Code
List to allow you to put in a Group or Category range.
*Modified the Employee and
Manager Sales Reports to allow you to put in an Employee range instead of
printing reports for all employee's.
New features added in 15.1.
*Debit Card processing.
New features added in 14.7.
*Windows XP SP3 and Windows
Vista SP1 compatible.
*You can now use a barcode scanner to do inventory adjustments and check-in
New features added in 14.1.
*Added support for Microsoft
Office 2007 for exporting data to Excel.
*Added up and down arrow buttons so you can move Invoice/Estimate
lines up or down the screen.
*The speed of saving Invoices or Estimates with a lot of line items has been
greatly increased. (Large Invoices/Estimates will print much quicker.)
New features added in 12.9.
*Credit Card Processing. You
can now authorize credit cards in the program instead of having a credit card
It is required
to upgrade to version 12.9 or above if using Windows Vista. Palmer Products,
Inc. has spent a lot of time ensuring that Retail Boss POS is compatible with
*Program theme support. You can now select a different look for the program.
ability to disable the up arrow and left arrow keys for those computers that are
having problems with a windows issue that effects these keys.
New features added in 12.4.
*Added a new
field at the bottom of the invoice that will contain parts, labor, subtotal, all
tax rate/fee, total and all payment methods. You no longer have to use the
report designer to place the extra tax rate or fee fields at the bottom of the
*Added a new Report Preview. The new previewer will allow you to create a web
page or an Adobe Acrobat PDF file from your report. This will come in handy if
you need to email an invoice to a customer or a report to a vendor. You can also
search for text on the report and select and unselect pages needed for printing.
new Export window. The new Export window will allow you to create an Excel or
CSV file from your customer, inventory, service codes, price list or basic
invoice summary information. This information can be used with Microsoft Excel
or other programs that can read Excel or CSV files. The is useful if you need to
use your information in other programs for mailouts, data analysis, or for use
on the web. The Export window will also allow you to email the file if needed.
New features added in 12.0.
Notes field to the invoice history windows.
*Added Clone batch in
General ledger to speed data entry.
Popup Toolbox to most menus to speed navigation.
Customer History report to display vendor, employee on each line for the invoice
as well as adding the manager code.
now print the Customer History report from the customer browse or customer
history windows. This will give you a snap shot of everything the customer has
purchased from you.
features added in 11.3.
Update to add a new feature to allow the Account Receivables to be able
to charge either compound interest or charge interest only on
New features added in 11.1.
Estimate\Invoice screen is larger to hold all the new fields and for easier
"Notes" field has been added to the Estimate\Invoice screen. These notes will be
saved with the invoice. (For screen use only.)
key buttons are now located on the bottom of the Estimate/Invoice screen to make
lookup" buttons have been added for the customer, note and part number fields.
Use your mouse to “click and select.”
rates rounded to more digits allowing for more precise computation.
the customer number to Last Name key which allows for better sorting when
looking up a customer’s record when there is more than one customer with the
*Customer’s with unpaid charge invoices can no longer be deleted.
Estimate/Work Order can now be saved without having Part Numbers or Service
In and Time Out fields to estimate so you can clock the Work Order in and out.
(For screen use only.)
*You can now
add Salesman and Manager codes before printing the Estimate/Invoice.
“Kit Code” and “Use Kit Cost” fields to allow you to assign a kit code to a
particular part number. When preparing the Estimate/Invoice, only the part
number that had the “Kit Code” assigned to it will display, and not the complete
“Kit”. However, when you invoice the customer, all part numbers assigned to the
“Kit” will be subtracted from your inventory.
create a Payable Invoice directly from the Receive Purchase Order screen.
fields to the Changing Tax Rate Record screen. You can now charge “tax on tax”
or “tax on fees.”
“Maximum Fee” field. This will allow you to now have both a minimum and maximum
now “globally” update records when needing to apply and/or remove tax rates or
fees. For example, if you wanted to apply a “shop fee” to every customer in your
database, you can easily accomplish this by using the “Reset Tax” button. This
eliminates the need of individually updating records.
“Auto Pricing when Receiving” field to the Category Record. When you set up your
program to allow “auto pricing when receiving”, your inventory prices will be
updated based on the cost of the part when receiving inventory from a purchase
New features added in 9.9.
* Added a Charge/Layaway report by date range. This report is
helpful by being able to see a list of charge and layaway invoices for a
particular time period.
*Added a Cash Payout report by date range. This report is
helpful by being able to see a list of cash payouts for a particular time
New features added in 9.8.
* The program will only run in 800x600 or higher screen
resolution for easier viewing.
* You can now set up a separate default “check” printer so that you can print
checks when needed without changing the printer paper.
* Modified the appointment scheduler to display in time grid format. Added many
new fields such as appointment type, most of the customer information fields and
a large note field to be used as needed. The scheduler will also automatically
fill in the customer fields from the current invoice being worked on or you can
select the customer from the customer database.
* You can now print an Estimate/Work Order Status Report by date range so you
can track the status of the jobs you are currently working on.
* You can now view the cost and profit of the current Estimate/Work Order you
are working on from the F2-Sales Screen. Also added a security check point to
the F2-Sales Screen as well.
* Added bin & location fields to inventory.
* You can now have more than one checkout on same day.
* Added a daily checkout reminder to remind you if you forgot to run the Daily
Reports from the previous day.
* Added a Parts and Service usage report by date range to help aid in parts
tracking and ordering.
* Added a Daily Invoice report by date range to aid in invoice tracking.
* Web Store Module - You can run your web store straight from
your web site or, for easier inventory setup and business management right from
Retail Boss POS.
That's right! You can run both your retail store and your web
store from the same easy to use program. You can upload your inventory and web
pages from inside the program and retrieve your invoices for easy processing.
This makes for quick setup and allows for you to easily maintain your inventory
and customers. You can do invoicing, customer mailouts, sales reporting,
inventory management, etc...
* Remote Backup Module - Daily backup and disaster recovery.
Your data is compressed and encrypted with a password only you know and sent to
our secure data center that is available 24/7. You can backup your system with a
push of a button or we will help you set up a schedule that will automatically
backup your system every day without you having to worry about it.
If you ever need to restore from a system disaster or just need to transfer your
files from one computer to another. It's as easy as selecting the backup you
need and pressing restore to retrieve you important files.
New features added in 9.4.
* Added Check Number field to Point of Sale checkout screen
* Added PO Number field to Point of Sale checkout screen and invoices.
* Added How Paid field to all invoices to print after the
total on the bottom of the invoices. (This will print all three payment methods
with totals for each.)
* Removed the $ sign from the POS screen and the pole display
to allow for non U.S. currency.
* The total line on the POS screen is bigger and now easier to
* Purchase Orders can now be left open for back ordered items
and still process items received. (You will no longer have to create a new
Purchase Order for back ordered items.)
* You can now import Customer Records from other programs.
New features added in 9.1.
* Added Customer Layaways.
* Added support for Pole Displays.
* Added Shelf barcode labels and now you can choose to have
the list price print on barcodes.
* You can now change the message that prints on the bottom of
* Taking payments on charge accounts is now easier.
* Added Vendor codes to report designer so you can have the
vendor code print out on your 8 x 11 invoices.
* Added extended descriptions to inventory and service code
* New import file format will now allow for larger
descriptions to be imported.
New features added in 8.7.
* Added support for Barcode printing of inventory and purchase
* Added employee code to 40 column receipt printouts.
* Added how paid to 40 column receipt printouts.
* Changed the way Purchase Orders are generated. Now you have
the choice to exclude items from a purchase order if they are currently on an
existing purchase order. This will help those who order on a daily bases or
place many orders from the same vendor before receiving previous orders.
New features added in 8.6.
* Added 7 new Invoice and Estimate/Work Order styles.
Now have styles that allow you to have up to 1000 character descriptions. New
styles that help meet the legal guidelines for some states. Easier capability to
put your logo at the top of the invoice. Added a style of invoice that has the
“green bar” effect. Added a new style that groups all the parts on top and
services on the bottom and includes a subtotal for each group.
* Added support for 40 column receipt printers. We have only tested with the
Star line, but it should work with most brands.
Extensive tests have been done using the Star line. It should work for most
brands, but if you have a specific need let us know.
* Added support for parallel port cash drawers and cash drawers that plug
directly into a receipt printer.
* Added cost and profit fields to Sales Reports so you can easily see by sales
category what the cost or the profit was for a given date range.
* Added support for Avery post card (8387) 4 on a page.
A more economical way to send out mass mailings.
* Added a filter button to inventory browses to show on hand quantity level
This will allow you to easily view just items that you have in stock.
*Added default salesperson, default manager and default payment method. This
will allow you to setup default codes for each so you want have to fill them in
on the Customer checkout box. This will speed up invoicing greatly.
* When you specify a different file location now in the File Location form for
your Setup files you will be able to have different settings for each terminal
on your network. (ex. Different invoice styles, printers, etc.)
* Added some extra security check points for point of sale.
When setting up security codes for the point of sale, you can stop employees
from modifying inventory.
* You can now select a different invoice type for reprinting of invoices.
* Added new feature that allows for quicker barcode scanning and part number
entry at the point of sale.